Journey Program: Home-Based Education
|CVA is fully accredited and registered as a Private School.|
We are excited to partner with parents in our Journey Program to achieve your success of providing a quality education for your student. CVA is an accredited private school by FCCPSA (Florida Coalition of Christian Private Schools Accreditation) and is held accountable to verify grades and attendance. CVA students in our Journey Program are considered private school students.
Under this program, parents are responsible for purchasing all books and materials for their student’s education at home. The parent is the main teacher, but the student may attend certain co-ops, other group classes at other places besides the student’s residence, utilize an on-line course like Florida Virtual School (FLVS), or hire a tutor for teaching. If anyone other than the parent, legal guardian, or an accredited entity like FLVS teaches your student, an Articulation Agreement must be filled out by the teacher that is responsible for teaching before teaching begins. This is a requirement by our accreditor, FCCPSA. All articulation agreements must be approved by the administrator.
Parents keep a sample (portfolio) of your students work in a binder throughout the year until the test results have been reviewed.
Every month parents email CVA stating how many days of school your student has completed (see school Handbook - Journey section for more detail).
CVA will gladly help and advise parents on curriculum if needed. The choice of curriculum is very broad, but must be at grade level. A Curriculum List is filled out at enrollment and must be approved by the administrator.
Journey Program students receive a legal high school diploma and transcript.
Help and Guidance
- We offer caring, professional, and experienced staff for guidance in curriculum choices, learning styles, ect.
- CVA provides curriculum packages for K-12 (separate cost from tuition)
- Seminars and workshops
- Lending Library
- We have planned field trips and events.
- CVA offers extra curricular activities such as Drama, Yearbook, "Because" Community Service Club, etc.
- Monthly Moms' Night Out
- We offer dual enrollment consultation with local colleges for CVA seniors with exceptional grades and test scores.
- Annual Standardized Achievement Tests
- Annual PSATs
- Diagnostic Testing Available
- CVA maintains records and grades
- Annual Graduation Ceremony for Kindergarten and Senior Graduates